Scientific and Ayurvedic Reason:
- Some Men frequently wore a ring on the big toe for curative purposes or to augment their masculine vigor.
- Wearing toe ring to the second toe has sexual/erotic effect.
- The reflexology texts also mention about treating gynaecological problems by massaging the second toe.
- There is also a belief that the wearing of toe rings press on certain nerves that pertain to the reproductive system, keeping it in balance and healthy.
- Ancient Ayuvedic medicine has long been used along side acupressure.
- Indians believe that your "prana" or "life force" must be in balance in order for you to stay healthy. All of the paths of your "prana" run down to your toes, so the idea that a marital symbol could double up as a reproductive enhancer is not a big stretch.
- By wearing this in both feet, it is believed, that their menstrual cycle course is regularized with even intervals. This gives good scope for conceiving to married women.
- Also it is said just because that particular nerve in the second finger from toe, also connects the uteruses and passes thru heart. Because of this, the constant friction caused while walking and doing all sorts of chores during a day, it revitalizes the productivity organs.
- As Silver being a good conductor, it also absorbs the energy from the polar energies from the earth and passes it to the body, thus refreshing whole body system.